National Tourism and Hospitality Week

 In

2017-05-14

Catering and Tourism Training Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Organized By

Catering and Tourism Training Institute CTTI

Type of institution

Academia

Country

Ethiopia

Specific site/destination

Addis Ababa

Pillars

All

Lines of actions

Advocacy and awareness raising

Type of activity

Events, meetings and conferences

Estimated outreach/impact of your activity

3.000 people

Target group

General public

Catering and tourism training center is the pioneer government owned educational institution that plays a crucial role for the last five decades for tourism and hospitality industry development in Ethiopia. The major function of catering and tourism training institute is providing and undertaking training, research and consultancy service for tourism and hotel sector development.

Among the works of CTTI, engaging trainee’s 70 % practical skill and the remaining 30% with soft skill is the major. Trainees are attending event planning and management competences both theoretically and practically, which is a newly introduced sector of MICE (Meetings, Incentives Travel, Conventions and Events) in our country. MICE contributes a lot to the growth of tourism industry and creates more job opportunities. As a result, trainees of CTTI practice by doing practically in the annual event of tourism and hospitality week which has been taking place for fifth time, starting from May 14 to May 18 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Start typing and press Enter to search