Sustainable Tourism Publications
Rachel Dodds, Director, Sustaining Tourism
A dynamic, self starter with over 22 years international experience across a wide spectrum of the tourism industry. Having been trained to look at many different aspects of tourism, Rachel knows that sustainability means long term planning and management and that experience and understanding of diverse cultures and environments is a fundamental part of tourism. She has furthered this understanding through both her personal and work travels. She has now has traveled extensively to 6 continents and over 75 countries.
- Sustainable/responsible/ecotourism consulting – strategy, development, environmental management, research, business planning and marketing and communications. She has undertaken a range of tourism development and marketing consulting assignments both alone and in cooperation with other companies.
- Communication, marketing and public relations implementation. Her experience includes non-profit organizations, tour companies, ecolodges and entrepreneurs.
Rachel has written, co-authored and edited articles about sustainable tourism and ecotourism, islands and urban sustainability and has published books and numerous articles about sustainable tourism, heritage tourism, tourism policy, ecotourism, corporate social responsibility, certification, destination development and consumer motivations and perceptions.
Check out the List of publications here:
- Sustainable Tourism in Islands
- Sustainable Tourism Policy
- Sustainable Tourism: Green hotels, green festivals, community based tourism, tourism and conservation
- Climate Change
- Urban Green Tourism